Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!!!

I was inspired by a wonderful garland on the How About Orange? blog.  She made a similar garland out of stiffened fabric.  It's just beautiful.  I wanted it!!!  Since it's a busy week for me, and I didn't have time to visit the fabric store - I sifted through some scrapbooking paper that I already had on hand.  I made the heart shapes with a paper punch, and then sewed the hearts together with a sewing machine.  (Frankly, the sewing machine is only out because my daughter ripped holes in the knees of her winter PJ's and I can't locate another pair in her size - spring clothes are out in the stores!)  Then, because I didn't think about sewing the string of hearts together first, I used a hole punch to connect the hearts with a ribbon.

So now I'll show you the lovely garland by Jessica of How About Orange?  The fabric is so pretty and I love that the hearts are more demensional with extra layers.

  You can get the complete directions from Jessica here.  I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day, and took the time to tell all of your family and friends how much you love them.

No comments: