Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Celebrating Chocolate as Art

This past week, I was driving on route 78 with my daughter when it occurred to me that I had read an article about a Patisserie in Hellertown, Pennsylvania and had yet to visit it. So we pulled off the Hellertown exit and into the parking lot at Dolce Patisserie.




Inside the shop, there was a glass case filled with these most amazing little chocolates. They were perfectly formed, shiny, almost luminescent. It was hard to choose just a few. From front to back, we have dark chocolate, sugar cookie, pumpkin and creme brulee. We also sampled coconut, and we're sorry to say it didn't make it to be photographed, as we just had to eat them all! Pastry chef Alan Piotti was busy making some yummy looking apple tarts but he took the time to explain that the science of chocolate is how he makes such perfect pieces. These little treasures are so beautiful, they would make a great little gift. I picture them at each place setting over the holidays. Stop in Dolce Patisserie and see the masterpieces for yourself. I'm sure you will not leave empty handed!

No comments: