Sunday, October 18, 2009

Halloween is Fast Approaching...

I can't believe it's almost Halloween. Just when I think I've seen it all, I find some new and very creative ways to celebrate the day.



I found these sweet cookies at Better Homes and Gardens. I love the stylized spider web. It looks so pretty, yet it's easy to do. Ice the cookies with white icing, while it's still wet, swirl a line of black icing in a concentric circle. Then pull a toothpick through the icing from the inside out to the edge.



These pumpkins remind me of intricate paper cuttings or pierced pottery. You can learn how to make them at Martha Stewart.



I think these vintage postcard cookies are classic. The designs are available in wafer sheets that you place on top of icing. Details are available at Fancy Flours.