Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rising to the Occasion

We'll, we're having another snow storm here on the east coast, what to do?  I remember as a child, my mom baked bread from scratch.  We would eat it fresh out of the oven, hot with melted butter and a drizzle of honey.  Mmmm.  Since the kids and I are stuck in the house, I decided it's time to overcome my fear of baking bread and the great unknown of yeast products.  I typed in "easy bread recipe" in google and came up with this recipe from Allrecipes.  It mixed up fast in my Kitchenaid mixer and it's now hopefully rising by the stove.

Yes!  I was so excited that my dough actually rose that I forgot to get a photo of it!  I split it into two loaves, covered it again and waited for it to double in size again and here they are.  It actually worked and the loaves are ready to bake.


They look just like mom used to make, and taste good too!  I'm so glad I tried this, it actually was easy and I encourage you to try it too.

2 comments:

Stephanie Albanese said...

yummy yummy, looks perfect.

Anonymous said...

I love making bread. It's time conduming (waiting for it to rise and then rise again), but it tastes SO good.