Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mother's Day Brunch

It is finally nice enough to have a Mother's Day brunch outside!  It's so exciting after being cooped up all winter, and everything always tastes better al fresco!  I decided to make things a little elegant this year and used my grandmother's silver.




I decided to make things a little elegant this year and used my grandmother's silver.




I recently aquired a new pan to make filled pancakes from Williams Sonoma.  They take a little longer to make, but the results are well worth it.  We filled ours with Nutella, applebutter, or apricot jelly.  These pancakes are called ebleskiver in Denmark.  Other suggested fillings are lemon curd, fruit or cheese.  I could imagine making a savory version, perhaps with herbed goat cheese and serving these as appetizers.




The main course - Linguine and Prosciutto Frittatas, a recipe by Giada De Laurentiis of the Food Network.  They are so incredibly delicious and easy to make with Linquine, proscuitto, eggs, various cheeses and a hint of garlic.




We also opened up a bottle of Champagne  and added some orange juice to make some yummy mimosas.




I just love this compote.  It makes anything look a little extra special, doesn't it?  The blueberries and strawberries were super sweet, so I didn't do a thing to them.




Ah, newly mown grass and a white table cloth.  A nice balance between casual and extra special.

1 comment:

knott said...

Ahhh, what a delightful blog you have started!
Thanks for inspiring the masses.

: )